Name
    Kris
    Origin
    KoOLFoOKaaa
    Angry Birds Love Bounce Champion!
    Mood
    Sneaky

Modern Warfare 2 Reviews

Ok here's my review of the game for anyone who has not bought it yet and is thinking about it..

I personally would give this game 9/10 if i gave COD 4 10/10 .

And that is due to their not being dedicated server support for the PC. That aside this game is 100 % absolutely awesome !!!

Some out there are saying it's very arcade like which i think is down to the fact it is very colorful in comparison to COD 4. The reason for that is i think the lighting is very bright and colorful compared to COD 4 where the sunlight seemed to have that kind of so bright it blinds effect.

If you were to strip MW 2 down to bare bones you would have COD 4 i think, the game play is exactly the same, the feel is very similar ect, it's just presented in a glossy high definition style instead.

The whole thing is crystal clear looking, the detail on the maps and characters is amazing when you look up close and the weapons are mental.

You basically get ton's more different weapons and attachments and perks, kill streaks and now Death streaks. The perks have perks lol, you start off with stopping power and that progresses to stopping power PRO and the same goes for most perks i've unlocked so far, with the addition of lots of new ones for example you get one called "Bling" which enables you to have multi-attachments so you could have a red dot sight and a silencer at the same time, or this new heart beat sensor and a grenade launcher !! It's crazy

The guns also seem far more realistic in look and sound respect. The firing sound is well satisfying The guns look more chunky and more detailed than before and they looked really detailed in COD 4 !! I picked up some one else's weapon the other night and ended up running round with a P90 in EACH HAND !!! That's the akimbo perk i think, not unlocked that yet...

Then there's the Kill streaks. Where as before you had UAV, Air strike then choppers, now you get i think around 14 different kill streaks which you can only use 3 at a time, so before you go in to game you set which 3 you want to use and they each have the kill streak you have to reach to activate them in game. You get this thing called a Care package that gives you a red smoke flare to throw and mark where you want the care package to be dropped and then a big Crete gets dropped via chopper. You go and open the crete and get a random kill streak reward from the lot.

You get UAV, Care package, anti UAV, Air strike, predator missile, Harrier strike ( 3 Harriers fly over dropping bombs, the 3rd hangs around a while like the choppers used to in COD 4, just hovering around killing players), Chopper, Pave Low ( Big attack Hele ), AC130 , Stealth Bomber , a few more i forget now and the main one which takes a 25 kill streak to get "THE TACTICAL NUKE" which you drop and it ends the map and you win

Then you get death streaks which work the same but with deaths, you can nick your killers class for your next life, or get extra health for 60 seconds and a few more i've not seen yet as I myself don't die too much lmfao..

I have to say if this game was played on dedi servers it would be hands down the best game in the world EVER made !!! But as it is it's still a bloody great game. The looks are smooth detailed and sexy looking, the weapons and perks ect are crazy and work really well, the game play is very even and balanced and the P2P thing does actually work quite well, i've only had a slight bit of lag on the odd occasion and even if the host of the game leaves, the game pauses, the screen says summink like host migration finding new host then the game resumes after like 30 seconds or so.

All this bollox about it being set up to 9 vs 9 is crap too. 1 or 2 of the maps are quite small but the majority of them could very easily handle a 30 man FFA server no problem. Some are well over sized for 9 vs 9. Some wicked sniper maps for those that like that, and then theres these 2 maps which just say Crash to me. They have the same look but are quite a bit bigger and there is some wicked routes around them. Then theres this map Favela, which is set in like a Brazillian hut city kinda thing over several different height levels so you could be at the very bottom, or up really high jumping from roof to roof. Most of the maps have that too, lots of through buildings and tunnels and roofs and ledges ect. The maps are one of the best bits for sure.

Then theres the music. Much as that would well annoy ya in other games in this it is perfect. It pops up at just the right times and seriously sets the mood really well and makes ya feel like ya actually in the game if ya know what i mean

I would defo recommend the game to everyone, maybe it wont ever be a proper PC clan game but we can certainly play it together as a clan and maybe it could just be a 2nd game to COD 4 to go and bash out when we fancy a change. The COD 4 servers aint going no where and the Wars and Cups will always be the priority of The =]KK[= Clan but this game should be exploited and enjoyed for what it is ... A seriously superb game !!!

DISLIKES !!!

Ok the only things that really suck about the game is this. The way the multiplayer side works is you load up, click play game, then you can either invite all ya pals and start a private game or invite all ya pals and go join a game as a party. BUT this is limited to certain gametypes TDM, Domination, SnD, Sabotage, CTF YES...?? No FFA ?? You can play together in FFA in a private match but not publicly all jump in together which is crap.

If ya wanna join a FFA game it only allows 8 MAXIMUM ??? WTF that is bollox man, if private you can have 18 but ya need 18 mates to all accept invites 1st, which prob would not be a problem if ya go as a clan to play.

You can sneakily get ya pals into a public FFA game but its very hard to do. We managed it a few times but after quite a few tries..

That is it im done

Re: Modern Warfare 2 Reviews

warning

Attention

Hello there Guest, Only registered members can view content. Join today!

Name
    Jamie
    Origin
    Crazy_Jimmy

warning

Attention

Name
    David Benson
    Mood
    Lurking

warning

Attention

Big box but the hamster died..

Name
    Kris
    Origin
    KoOLFoOKaaa
    Angry Birds Love Bounce Champion!
    Mood
    Sneaky

warning

Attention

Thread Information